Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yes!

I got the job. I am so excited!!!! My orientation starts over the weekend.

I don't want to state the name of the company. (While I love Google, I like keeping this thang relatively anonymous). I wish I could share my new title, because it's hilarious, but that would totally give it away.

I can tell you that while it is part-time, I will be making DOUBLE per hour what I was making at my old workplace. I will be working with kids (twelve and under)in classrooms and in after-school programs. I get to be someone who introduces new stuff to kids in a fun and creative way. And? I think I get to wear jeans. JEANS!!!

The gentleman I interviewed with was so very nice. He was wearing an excellent tie. He did not shake hands like Godzilla. And he evidently didn't notice the massive bruise on my forehead.

He did seem slightly uncomfortable with me, either in a "I think you're cute, but we're both very happily married" way, or in a "please don't stomp on me with your big scary boots" way. There was some nervous giggling, so it's hard to tell.

But you know what? I don't care- I am BEYOND thrilled!!!

To top it off, the temp agency finally called almost as soon as I walked through the door- so I just told them where they could stick it. HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! The job sounds like a lot of fun! I sent you an email...hopefully it will make it to you (those were underscores between, right?) - Katrina