Sunday, November 20, 2005

Impending doom...

Random 18 year Old Chick on Train: Um....how old are you?

Me: Uh....thirty. I turn 31 in a week or so.

R18YOCOT: Woah. I thought you were like, 23 or something.

Me: Um....thanks? I think.

OK, this may have been because I was wearing a brown stretch hoodie with "Baby" spelled out in rhinestones in the region of my right boob. (My sister and I spent the weekend trying to come up with names for the other boob.) Hey, I only wear it as a manifestation of my ironic nature- plus, I like it 'cause it's sparkly.

Several days later...

Random 22 Year Old Chick In Cafe: Um...don't take this the wrong way- but how old are you?

Me: I'm thirty. I turn 31 next Tuesday.

R22YOCIC: God- I thought you were like, 24.

Me: Nope. Definitely 30.

The mind boggles. I wasn't even wearing the "baby" hoodie that time. I guess it's good to know that zits are good for something!

But yes, I will soon be turning thirty-one, which is somehow slightly more traumatic than the big three-oh. People keep telling me that "Thirty is the new Twenty." Uh-huh.

So, if we accept the statement that 30=20, we would have to agree that
30 + 1 = 21.

Yeah! I turn 21 next Tuesday! Maybe this time around I'll be sober enough to appreciate it.

So- who's buyin'? ;)

No comments: