Monday, March 20, 2006

Slime! Everywhere!

That's what I did with my weekend boys and girls.

I made slime. I ended up staying until we ran out of the little cups to put it into- so by my calculations, about 500 happy litle kids got to go home and make a huge mess.

They were so much fun- although the amount of crouching I did, to measure ingredients and get on kiddie eye level? Who KNEW that making slime was such a workout?! I could barely move on Sunday morning!

I looked up twice- both times with cameras (one news, one Bee) in my face. I don't know if I was pictured, as I don't watch the news or read the paper, and that's probably just as well. Since, as we all know, I hate being captured on film.

OH. And my mom called, all excited, to let me know that my high school (of around 14 years ago) was playing basketball in some huge game. Considering that I have no interest in televised sports and uh, no love lost for my old high school, and HATE the basketball coach (who used to be my gym teacher...and is possibly a Nazi)......Meh.

I just kept right on knitting and watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Oh, and they ended up losing, anyway.

Gawd- do I sound bitter?!

No comments: