Friday, March 03, 2006

Ladies night, oh what a night.

There is a fairly new ladies night institution chez moi. I go out on Friday nights. The Man stays home and plays "World Of WarCraft." Seriously, he doesn't even realize that I am gone.

I like this arrangement- I get to be all dressed up (who knows, if I am feeling generous, I may even pluck the eyebrows!) and go out and catch up with my buddies, get lightly toasted, and flirt with the waiter.

Yes, it is always the same waiter. And he always remembers what I drink, and I get refills as soon as the glass is empty. LOVE him.

Then I get to have entertaining conversations with Secret Squirrel about her dating disasters, and she gets to listen to my consolation that I do have a husband, but all he's been good for recently is lifting heavy objects and playing World of Warcraft, so she might be better off.

It usually disentigrates into hysterical laughter, off-the wall observations of other bar patrons, and summoning the waiter back so we can leer at him and order a really sinful dessert, which we will share.

Somehow, this has become an institution within only a one-month time span, and to tell you the truth, I don't know how I ever lived without it.

No comments: