Monday, January 16, 2006

A kinder, gentler Jenna

Today was...well, it was lovely. Please keep in mind that today may be Monday for the rest of you, but for The Man and I, today was Saturday. WOO!

Slept in this morning. Went to a movie last night, and a matinee today (thumbs up!) Loved "Tristan and Isolde". Liked "The Family Stone". Still gotta see "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Munich", and possibly "Brokeback Mountain."

I should say, most of you who read this have joined me in a period where weight loss hasn't been a focus for me- and it's going to be more of a focus from now on, although I do promise not to post menus and sweat over every carb and calorie, because- let's face it- that shizz isn't exactly fascinating, even for me. But there will be trials and tribulations and updates posted, probably on a weekly basis.

Also, knitting is going to come into the picture more. I have basically abandoned the old sweatergrrrl blog, and although there are a ton of "knuggles" who read this, project photos shall be forthcoming.

Back to "The Fat!"

I am down 1/2 lb. from my starting weight, as of today. Hallelujah- I can stop obsessing over the 2 lb. gain! The low carb magic finally seems to be kicking into gear for me. Although, the pork rinds are still not looking appetizing. But I can see where they would come in handy for breading and such.

Exercise starts on Wednesday. So Neighbor, if you see a possibly insane individual shaking her thang to salsa music through the front windows, it's probably moi. But with any luck, I will remember to close the blinds before I actually get my groove on. Weight training will have to wait. I am a little terrified, since I managed to wrench SOMEBODY's screen door off the hinges with my superhuman strength last night.

Working in some exercise and drinking my 64 oz. of water are my two big goals for this week.

Oh, and file under "There is a GOD!" I have news from "the Workplace That Must Not Be Named." Evidently, The Guy Who Was a Total Dick and Was Therefore Made a Supervisor (hereafter TGWWaTDaWTMaS) quit last Friday after just one month of actual supervising, and went to go work for an "unnamed competitor". And there was much rejoicing.

No comments: