Friday, September 02, 2005

Woo!

I went to the gym. 40 minutes on the elliptical- 2.7 miles, 470 calories. Holy mackerel.

I suspect that I am going to develop an unhealthy dependence on the Precor- again. I just need to remind myself that I still have a nagging twinge in my lower back, and that I should probably keep going easy.

In other news, I still don't have a passport.

I went to lunch with my partner in crime, and she said that they take passport photos at the UPS store near her house. Dear GOD! $13.95- what a racket. It took about 30 minutes to get the camera set up and to take a useable photograph.

It wasn't until we were back in the car that I realized that the photos are completely out of focus- in addition to which, they looked like they were hacked apart by a kindergartener who flunked "scissors". Needless to say, the post office refused to take them- and I also have to have an original birth certificate- a copy won't work.

I guess I know what I'm doing on Tuesday! Downtown. Hooray!

And for the record- the little couple ahead of me in line at the post office tipped me off that you can get passport photos at Costco for 5 bucks. Just don't wear your glasses- they won't accept the photos if you're wearing anything that obscures your eyes.

No comments: