Thursday, September 01, 2005

Oh, WHAT a day.

So, I decided to do some laundry, and watch my movies from Netflix all afternoon, and maybe do a little knitting.

Feeling productive, I loaded the washer and dryer, picked up my knitting, and happily immersed myself in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Around a half hour later, my husband came home early from work and asked, "Did you turn on the sprinklers? Because the driveway's wet."

Hmmmmm.....no. We decide that the sprinkler timer just went off or something. So we sit and watch the movie for a bit, and then I go to switch laundry over to the dryer.

The garage is FLOODED. Water is running down our driveway. Did I mention we have cardboard boxes and bags of clothing that is supposed to go to charity on the floor, not to mention 20 80 lb. bags of cement and a whole bunch of boxes of books and papers that we still haven't unpacked from our move two years ago? There's also huge wooden bookcases and shelves that I am re-painting and a bunch of painting supplies- also directly on the concrete floor.

ACK!

So- we lost some cement, but managed to save most of hubby's old childhood drawings, and threw out a lot of stuff that we didn't need. This also has lit a fire under me with regards to finishing up the shelving. So we'll have our garage back.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, except I do have to say that between the heavy lifting and the adrenaline, it was quite a workout.

No comments: