Tuesday, January 16, 2007

You Can't Stop Progress

This has been a phone-call filled morning.

However, I have made progress on a few fronts, which is a Good Thing.

I now have an appointment with a local acupuncturist. My thinking is, if I get started on the medical procedures in tandem with Eastern medicine, I need to have someone local. I can't be jetting off to SF and rushing back. Plus, the last nightmare with Greyhound (which I still have not written down, because I don't want to re-live it)made me realize that it was more stress than I needed to get up there and back.

I feel bad, because I loved my acupuncture place in SF. But this will save a ton of time, not to mention, they are much less expensive than the place I was going to, PLUS I won't be paying for gas/bus tickets/food and shopping in SF twice a month. And I will be able to teach on Fridays and go to meetings, which will mean bigger paychecks for ME.

I estimate, after adding it all up, I'll save about $3-400 per month doing this, not to mention avoiding the craziness of so much travelling back and forth.

I talked to Mom. I have been worried about the whole situation, because these treatments are expensive, and she and Dad just bought a brand new house in Carmel. I felt uncomfortable cashing in my chips and asking for the help that has been offered. She basically told me not to be a dork. I explained that if we exhausted the early possibilites, IVF was like buying a Honda Civic every few months. She was undeterred, so at least that is something we don't have to worry about.

So I called my doctor, in order to get the ball rolling on a few procedures that I still can't think about without getting all squirmy. Hopefully, he will actually call me back so I can line things up. So that's done. And while it makes me squirmy, it's all in a day's work to these guys.

In less ovary-related news, I think I have found a new salon. I suspect it will be pricier than what I have been doing, but I don't go in a lot, so I am not to worried. If The Man complains about cost, I will just point to the acupuncture savings above and tell him, in a kind and caring way, that he can go suck it.

No comments: