Friday, January 19, 2007

The Sweetest Thing

The Man just called me on his way home from work.

"I am going to sing to you," he announced.

Then he cranked up the stereo in the background, and sang along with "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling".

I love this guy, and while he technically can sing, most people would argue that he probably shouldn't. But I loved it. I giggled like a teenager through the whole thing.

Actually, don't tell anyone, but I got a little teary, too. Ah, the Cheese! It is back. And I have been feeling a little taken for granted lately, and this nipped that neatly in the bud.

After a couple of verses, he said he just wanted to let me know he was thinking about me.

Wow.

As much as certain aspects of life kinda suck right now, I am glad I am going through all this crap with this guy at my side. As many stupid decisions I have made over the years, made the right move when I decided to marry him. I can't imagine life without him....and I just have to conclude that I am a lucky, lucky woman.

No comments: