Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yes, I have finally gone crazy....


Murray 2
Originally uploaded by jenna_sais_quoi.
Guess what I did today?

I was supposed to clean, but uh....instead, I decorated for Halloween.

If you don't know that Halloween is my favorite holiday, consider yourself warned- I don't just put one of those "crashing witch" things on my front door and call it a day.

I actually have three boxes and several more bags, of Halloween decorations.

Anyway, I put a bunch of stuff outside- I am not going to have a party this year, so I am not going to really decorate the inside of the house- and it took me the better part of the morning and afternoon.

Then I surveyed the huge empty patch of dirt that will one day be a patio, right off to the side of the front door. I think I am going to bit the bullet and turn that into a "graveyard"- I'll have Alan cut out gravestones with his reciprocating saw, and then I'll paint them.

Then for some reason, I was going through my Halloween boxes, and found a huge wad of really ugly gauze fabric. I am not sure where it came from, or why on earth I had it, but I guess something clicked- and thus Murray came into being. I think we'll showcase him partying in the "graveyard" on Halloween night.

As an aside, I forgot that I left him sitting in the entryway about an hour ago, and I just glimpsed him out of the corner of my eye- and he scared the bejeezus outta me! Whoops.

No comments: