Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

Throwing My Weight Around

Well, Blogger seems to have killed and eaten Fat Flashback number one. Since I have to re-write the whole thing, I think that'll wait until tomorrow.

In the meantime, since I am getting ready to to to a BBQ Fourth celebration- I got good news this morning! Down almost another pound: 244.8. And that was after I'd had breakfast.

Hopefully, the thought of that will keep me going strong at the festivities today. I stashed a bottled water and a few diet Hansen's sodas in the cooler with all the beer we're bringing.

Disclaimer: Normally, I don't drink soda, but this is a special occasion. And it's a hell of a lot better than downing beers of margaritas, or succumbing to the siren's song of the liter bottles of Coke.

So I am using an old Weight Watchers technique- scripting what you want to say.

"No thanks, I'm full."

"Man, that margarita sounds great, but I can't drink with the meds I'm taking. I'll stick with soda, thanks!"

I am also wearing a fluttery sleveless silk top, which looked awful on me a couple of weeks ago, but that I can now wear with impunity. I will still feel enormous around all the cute little YOUNG and petite wives of the other guys (it's a military gathering- all the wives are this way. Except me.)

But, I am working on it. They cannot help being all cute and sweet and chirpy. As long as nobody asks about kids. Then I might go on a rampage with a spork. But that's a whoooole 'nother post, right there.

No comments: