Thursday, February 17, 2005

Day Thirty-One

Throwing My Weight Around

Holy Moly- It’s been a month. One. Month. Exactly.

I am not sure what I have accomplished- I go in to weigh tonight. Finally! I must face the music. I have been slightly more careful the last couple of days, but I doubt it’s been enough to shift the scale towards a downward trend.

At least I can say I am sticking with it! I am so freaking determined to do this. And…I’m not the only one.

Last night at my Knitting Meetup, out of 5 of us at the table, 4 were doing WW. The fifth was getting ready to go back.

Evidently, Knitter #5 just tried L.A. Weight Loss, and absolutely hated it- this is the second person that has told me how much they charge (the amount practically made my eyes pop out of my skull) and how rotten they are to their customers. Anyway, this woman had to threaten to get a lawyer involved to get out of a contract that she (luckily) didn’t even sign and get her money back.

My current diet buddy at WW says she was doing OK with them, until they kept trying to get her to buy their “nutritional bars” in bulk, (about $700 worth!) and when she refused politely several times, finally stating point-blank that she couldn’t afford it after she’d just paid their exorbitant membership fee, they still kept pressuring her until she literally burst into tears. Of course, she never went back.

So- back on track. I have decided to set things up at work so I can have oatmeal every morning, which is better than toast because it doesn’t cost me points -big plus there! Tonight is crazy, as usual- to the vet, to get the doggie cleaned up, clean the fridge, then to WW, then possibly out to dinner, or I will just grab a bite at home and go directly to the grocery store to re-stock the fridge (which is beginning to resemble a lab experiment gone awry, along with the rest of my poor kitchen.

So far today-

Breakfast- Oatmeal
Snack- Apple
Lunch- TBA
Dinner- Ditto
Snack- Microwave 94% Fat Free Popcorn.

WW Weigh In- Up .4 That was it! I could sing, but I won't inflict that on anyone.

No comments: