Saturday, March 03, 2007

You make me wanna soup

Soup, soup eh loop, soup eh loop eh loop eh doop....

Yeah, you can slap me for that one. Seriously, I know I deserve it.

I am cooking up a storm, which is what having a clean kitchen makes me want to do. Sadly, when I cook, the kitchen becomes a mess again, so the cooking never lasts long.

Having a sick man in the house (he is still alive, by the way, mainly because I have spent the weekend so far hooked up to my iPod so I am effectively deaf to his suffering)evidently inspired me to make....soup.



The top recipe is Potato Spinach Soup from Recipezaar. The bottom recipe is taken from the packet of split peas I bought at Trader Joe's. It's official title is something like Split Pea Soup with Bacon and Rosemary.

Both of them are beyond heavenly. I seriously believe that soup in the freezer is like money in the bank. And while usually it's my fallback for lunch, I have been known to eat it for breakfast and dinner, too.

Yeah, I know. I am weird about the soup. But it's quick, easy, cheap, and gooood...not to mention, filling and good for you. How can you miss?

Since I made such a prudent decision re: making soup, I decided to make some cookies.



These are Aunt Zana's Amish Sugar Cookies, once again, from Recipezaar. I know, I am such a ho where the 'zaar is concerned.

I did dust the tops of some of them with multicolored sugar before I popped them in the oven. They are yummilicious.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to steam-clean my andirons.




Yes, I am kidding.

Mostly.

No comments: