Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

It is 4:38 AM. I am wiiiiiide awake.

The Man and I had a nice quiet evening at home. We went to bed around 1:30.

At 2:13 AM, I was juuuuust dropping off to sleep, when his cell phone rang.

We both turned over and grumbled, but didn't move- we are officially prisoners of our new down comforter and pillows.

Then my cell phone rang. And rang again. Much profanity ensued on our end.

The Man picked up my phone and read the caller ID. "It's my sister."

This sister is the baby of his family. To be polite about it, she doesn't always make the best life choices. We both are groggily realizing that she could be stranded on the side of the road somewhere, or has had a few too many, or....well, the scenarios are endless. The Man is still staring blankly at my phone when it rings again.

"Hello? Um, yeah. Uh-huh. Noooooo....I don't think so. Did you file a police report? Okay...okay...talk to you later."

At this point, I am wide awake. He hangs up.

"Someone stole her purse, and the Best Buy gift card we gave her for Christmas was in it."

"She called us at 2:13 in the morning to tell us that?!"

"Well...she seemed to think that we could cancel it or something." He pulled the covers over his head.

"Those things are just like cash. We can't do anything about it!!"

"I KNOW that. I don't want to talk about it anymore, just please let me get back to sleep!!"

"I can't believe anyone would call someone past two AM, unless they were dead or bleeding."

No response. He started snoring almost immediately.

So I am still awake, and spending my store credit at Macy's online. Hey, we got THREE down comforters and pillow sets this year. Be careful what you wish for. So I hopped online and got 2 sets of 600 count sheets, extra pillowcases, two additional bath sheets to match the ones we already have, and a couple of cute tops and a kimono-style dress. Yeeeha!

So...was Santa good to you all this year?

Since I am awake, I am setting goals for the new year. I am hesitating to call them resolutions, because well...resolutions are cheesy.

Hey, it's either that, or cleaning the kitchen.

No comments: