Thursday, September 08, 2005

Cue "Twilight Zone" theme music...

Today has just been- a weird day. I am in a major funk. I haven't gone to the gym, so I know that a good part of it is being cooped up. I haven't even dragged my butt over to get my passport stuff.

On a positive note, I did manage to watch A Streetcar Named Desire, and Gone With The Wind while I was knitting and folding laundry. I had never seen Streetcar before. All I have to say is, Marlon Brando...WOW. Since to my generation, the guy was The Godfather....WOW. Sorry, I'm all verklempt.

Other than that- eating slightly better today. I made some chicken soup with spinach and veggies, and have basically been living on that. The leftover dessert is almost gone. I am hoping that hubby will help me dodge the bullet and finish it off for me tonight.

Another positive thing- the first of my circle of friends from college had a baby last week, and she sent me pictures today. Her little boy is the most beautiful, perfect little thing. And I am not one to think that newborns are beautiful, but this little guy is absolutely gorgeous.

I finally caved and got a flickr Pro account, so I have spent most of this afternoon obsessively moving photos around and creating sets. If you'd like to check 'em out, click here! I now have a "pets" set up on there, as well as a set for Clarisse, the new/old car.

We also managed to decide on plates for the old girl- she didn't come with antique Nebraska plates, so she'll have a new identity here in CA. Since "Clarisse" is too long, and "Clarice" is taken, we decided to just go basic: DIVYN'59. Yes, that one was mostly me. : )

No comments: